Anita Naik is the resident Parenting and Beauty expert at VoucherCodes.co.uk and Most Wanted. When she’s not keeping readers updated on the latest make up trends and fragrance releases, she can be found penning her next book. Anita is super passionate about health, beauty, parenting, technology and Louboutins!
How do you pack for your summer holidays? Are you a throw-it-all-in the night before mum, or pack everything-and-the-kitchen-sink kind of parent?
Back before I had kids, I was a less-is-more type. My theory being – why pack everything, when you can always buy what you need abroad! Of course like many pre-parent theories this was severely tested the moment I went on holiday with kids.
So seeing as how I never again want to have to persuade a stroppy 4-year old that everyone wears pull-ups on holiday, I now always ensure I have a holiday hot list that I prepare well in advance. It usually has around 10 key items (aside of basics like underwear, nappies and towels) and has to meet the following criteria:
(1) All clothes must be both functional and fashionable.
(2) There must be holiday-style gear for husband.
(3) Clothes must not make us look like a family that has got dressed in the dark.
Having said all that here is my current Top 10 List:
2. Stella Morgan Chain Print Maxi Dress £20.00. Hits all the right boxes – on trend Versace style chain print, maxi to hide variety of sins, and turquoise one of the hot SS12 colours.
3. Leather Strap Sandals £12.50. Great style that will work for beach or best, plus comes in a variety of colours and even a t-bar style.
4. Applique T-Shirt £8.00. A great tee that scores well with it’s American varsity logo.
5. Men’s Swim Shorts With Flip Flops £15.00. I always like a buy that kills two birds with one stone – laid back beach shorts with flip flops – ideal husband buy!
7. Chino Shorts (boys) £8.00. An ideal buy for the 2 year old.
8. Pack of 2 Fun in the Sun T-shirts £5.00. My 2 year old goes through t-shirts at an alarming rate so I’m loving this two pack.
9. Pastel Flower Print Dress £10.00. Pastels and floral equals cute on any little girl, making this dress a must-have buy.
10. Rolling Stones T-shirt £9.00 – Grey is the new pink in my daughter’s eyes (pink being too babyish apparently) so she’s chosen this rock tee as her must-have holiday item. Who am I to argue?